001 formosan black bear
Formosan Black Bear, a native animal from my Country Taiwan.
- Formosan Black Bear lives in the mountainous forests in the eastern two-thirds of Taiwan at elevations of 1,000 m to 3,000 m (3,300 to 10,000 feet).
- They don’t hibernate in the winter.
- This species was listed as "endangered" under Taiwan's Wildlife Conservation Act.
- Its snout resembles a dog's, hence its nickname is "dog bear".
- On the chest, there is a distinctive yellowish or white mark that is shaped like a "V" character or a crescent moon. This earns it another nickname — "moon bear”.